Lyndale Cancer Support Centre
40 Huyton Lane, Liverpool L36 7XG
DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
1, Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data, identification can be by the information alone in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR).
2. Who are we?
The Board of Trustees of Lyndale Knowsley Cancer Support Centre (Here after referred to as “The Board”) is the data controller. The Board is responsible for the management of the processes relating to GDPR. This means the Board decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
The Board complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date, by storing and destroying it securely: by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To enable us to provide a voluntary service for the benefit of the public as specified in our Memorandum and Articles
- To administer registration records
- To fundraise and promote the interests of the charity
- To manage our volunteers, therapists and teachers.
- To maintain our own accounts and records (including the processing of Gift Aid applications)
- To inform you of news, events, activities and services running at the Centre.
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about news, events, activities and services and process your Gift Aid donations.
- Processing is carried out by a not-for-profit body provided:-
- The processing relates only to members or former members (or those who have regular contact with it in connection with those purposes); and
- there is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
5. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other members of the charity in order to carry out a service. We will only share your data with third parties outside of the charity with your consent.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
Specifically, we retain the details of Centre users for 3 years before requesting renewal of consent, gift aid declarations and associated paperwork must be kept for up to 6 years after the calendar year to which they relate.
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:-
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which the charity holds about you;
- The right to request that the charity corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the charity to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
8. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
9. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact the Keyworker of the day who will liaise with the Board of Trustees at
Lyndale Knowsley Cancer Support Centre, 40, Huyton Lane, Liverpool L36 7XG
Tel: 0151 489 3538 Fax: 0151 489 7542
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioners Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.
Document created May 2020